Everyone always says that the second child is always a little gutsier than the first. The parents aren’t as worried about the little things and are a more open about letting them venture farther than a 2 foot radius. As a result they are little bravier and willing to try new things, most of the time.
My second is my crazy kiddo. In the short span of his life he has made me utter phrases and take preemptive actions that I never thought I would…
1. I now have to make sure that I ALWAYS close the dryer and washer doors. He crawled into the dryer and closed the door behind him. Luckly I was nearby and heard him knocking and got him out… We have a front loading dryer so I could see his little face as well.
2. He has found EVERY SINGLE hiding place for sweet things. I typically put sweets up high so that they won’t be a temptation but he has successfully found each spot. He is like a bloodhound.
3. I need to find a child lock for our fridge. I walked into the kitchen one morning and found him drinking syrup DIRECTLY from the bottle! YUCK! He then proceed to drop the bottle and run to the couch and wipe his sticky face all over the side arm. His older brother found this extremely funny
4. Poison control has me on their list of permanent offenders. This time he found the Children’s Tylenol bottle and drank from it like it was juice. He is/was fine but you want to talk about a heart-attack… This leads me to the number 5
5. Child saftey locks on bottles are no match for his Macguyver like tendencies
6. He has decided that he now wants to use the bathroom like everyone else. How do I know this, he brings me his dirty diapers in his hands!!! Now this may not be that bad but imagine having guests over and your two year old has gone a gigantic “potty” and brings it to you buck naked!!
7. I found him on top of the fridge
8. He has gone out into the garage and has let himself into one of the cars. I took me awhile to find him on that one.
9. He put my underwear on his head and paraded around the house. I had friends over. enough said..
10. YESTERDAY – He learned that he can remove the screws that hold our kitchen table together. Now, it is an old table that I bought from Craigslist specifically to use while the children are young. This way if they destroy it I don’t really care…
11. For a brief period of time I had to continually ask him to eat like a boy and not like a puppy.
Even though he is a handful he actually doesn’t make us that upset. In fact, we are usually laughing at his unusual tactics… Christ gave us this crazy little boy and we can’t wait to see how he turns out.
Does anyone else have some crazy story about a kiddo?! I would love to hear them and maybe get a good laugh!
However I need to go, he is currently dive bombing off the back of the couch.