The holidays are here and I am pumped. I adore this time of year. I look forward to it ALL summer. I even keep my holiday glow for at least a month or two after Christmas, and by “glow” I mean “fat.”
This year however I am going to rant and rave on my little “soapbox” also known as my blog. So many people are complaining about the holidays. Some are complaining about the money (understandable- Trust me), others about how busy they are, and still others are upset that their kids are out of school on break. Now, I am not trying to down play other peoples misery, but come on, don’t try to take me down with you!
Here are my reasons for loving the holidays: (yup- you guessed it- a list)
1. Our Savior’s birth. What an amazing gift and we get to celebrate it!!!!
2. Food and GOOD food. Women really pull out all the stops at holiday time. Yummo. (This also leads to the “glow”)
3. Awesome themed holiday shows…like this classic…Ah Friends, How do I miss you, let me count the ways
4. DECORATIONS THAT SPARKLE
5. Parties! I actually got invited to a couple last year…
6. Okay – Lets admit it… Presents
7. Cold weather.. I love bundling up. I really really really do.
8. The ambiance of everything. Stores, inside homes, outside of homes…seriously everything.
I would like to continue but nothing else is coming to mind…
Now, I am truly sorry if you do hate the holidays and have reasons that are completely legitimate. But as for the folks that just like to complain, keep it at home, please. Don’t rain on my holiday lovin’ parade!