Bacon seems to be all the rage right now. Its celebrity status is almost equal to the Deep Frying rage of the early 2000s. Pigs everywhere are running to the hills…
Category Archives: Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
I recently stepped into the Bacon popularity and made a bacon lovin’ friend some cookies. Chocolate chip BACON cookies. Surprisingly, they turned out fairly good. It definitely is a different flavor but not a bad one.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temp
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp maple extract
1/3 cup chopped COOKED bacon
1 cup BITTERSWEET chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt – set aside
3. Beat together the brown sugar, white sugar, butter with an electric mixer
4. Add the eggs one at a time and add the maple and vanilla extract
5. Stir in flour mixture until it is just combined.
6. Add the bacon and chocolate chips
7. Bake between 10-12 (I found 11 minutes did the best)
(recipe from all recipes.com)
Give it a try and let me know what you think. I would love to see pictures as well!